As a district, we are committed to providing our students with technology expereinces that will allow them to be successful in the real-world.
Big Walnut Philosophy of Instructional Technology
- Instructional technology should be used to actively engage students, promoting personalized instruction and growth.
- Instructional technology should be used as a tool to open new learning opportunities that extend into real-world application.
- Instructional technology shoul supplement, rather than replace, human interaction and hands-on learning experiences.
- Instructional technology should be purposefully monitored.
- Instructional technology at the elementary level should consume less than half of students' instructional time, in order to provide balance.