As a district, we are committed to providing our students with technology expereinces that will allow them to be successful in the real-world.
Big Walnut Philosophy of Instructional Technology
- Instructional technology will be used to actively engage students, promoting personalized instruction and growth.
- Instructional technology will be used as a tool to open new learning opportunities that extend into real-world application.
- Instructional technology should supplement, rather than replace, human interaction and hands-on learning experiences.
As a way to provide this tool to students, we have begun implementing our 1:1 Chromebook initiative.
- 2016-17: All 9th - 12th grade students received a Chromebook.
- 2017-18: All 5th - 8th grade students will receive a Chromebook.
- 2019-20: A committee will convene to determine our philosophy of instructional technology at the elementary level and make a determination about devices.