While Big Walnut is required to comply on all state achievement tests, we subscribe to our own assessment philosophy otherwise.
Big Walnut Philosophy of Assessment
- The ultimate purpose of assessment is to drive personalized instruction that meets the needs of all learners.
- Assessments should be student-focused, purposeful, current, effective, and standards-based.
- Assessments should provide reliable data that is timely and relevant to grade level skills and standards.
- Assessments should be ongoing in order to determine growth over time.
- Assessments should be aligned across buildings/departments whenever possible in order to provide consistency in instruction, intervention, and professional development for staff.