The Big Walnut High School Academic Boosters are a group of parents with a mission to improve the academic experience for all students while enrolled at Big Walnut High School. Throughout the year, our booster group sponsors events that promote high academic achievement as well as recognizing our teachers and staff. We meet one day a month, usually on the second Monday for 1 hour.
Events and achievement recognition experiences sponsored by the Academic Boosters to date:
1. Provides High 5 Yard Signs for students who score the top score of 5 on one or more of their Advanced Placement Exam.
2. Provides breakfast, lunch, and refreshments as well as small gifts of recognition to nearly 100 teachers and staff during Staff Appreciation Week.
3. Hosts the annual event Evening of Excellence to honor 10th -12th grade students who have maintained a 3.5 GPA.
4. Host the annual event Academic and Military Signing Day recognizing graduating seniors who have been offered college scholarships and graduating seniors who enlisted in Military Service.
5. Provide record boards such as the ACT 30, National Honor Society, Student Council, and Military Service.
6. Put on annual fundraiser raffle basket events in the fall and winter seasons.
*Please Note: 09/14 and 02/15 are Tuesdays