The mission of the Big Walnut Local Schools is to inspire and guide each student to his or her maximum potential.
In order to accomplish our mission, the Big Walnut Schools will strive to achieve our vision of:
- Student-focused, professional, collaborative staff
- Student-focused, challenging, and current curriculum
- Supportive, involved, and informed community
- Safe, respectful, and welcoming environment.
DUTIES OF THE SCHOOL BOARD
- Making rules and regulations necessary for the government of the school district
- Making sure all students of the district are provided with educational opportunities
- Appointing a school superintendent and electing a treasurer
- Overseeing the annual budget
- Entering into contracts with all personnel in the manner required by Ohio laws.
BIG WALNUT BOARD OF EDUCATION PROTOCOLS
The Big Walnut Board of Education Regularly scheduled meetings will be held at the District Administrative Office located at 110 Tippett Court, Sunbury. Regularly scheduled Board of Education meetings for 2023 are as follows:
Thursday, January 12 Organizational Mtg. @ 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 12 @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 16 @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 16 @ 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 19 @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 18 @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 15 @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 29 @ 7:30 a.m.
Thursday, July 20 @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, August 17 @ 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 20 @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 19 @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 16 @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 14 @ 6:30 p.m.
Meetings of the Board are open to the public, we encourage our community members to attend. Executive Session, during which Board members may discuss only specific business items defined by Ohio law, is the only session closed to the public. Since Ohio law states that all school board voting must be done publicly, executive sessions are for discussion purposes only. Occasionally, the Board will hold a special meeting when District matters need immediate attention.
Please note: Board agendas and minutes are posted on this page as well. Agendas are posted until the minutes are approved at the next scheduled meeting, then the agenda is replaced with the approved minutes.
BOARD MEMBERS' TERMS:
Board members serve four-year terms, which are staggered. All seats are at-large.
Terms expiring at the end of 2023:
Terms expiring at the end of 2025: