The mission of the Big Walnut Local Schools is to inspire and guide each student to his or her maximum potential.
In order to accomplish our mission, the Big Walnut Schools will strive to achieve our vision of:
- Student-focused, professional, collaborative staff
- Student-focused, challenging and current curriculum
- Supportive, involved and informed community
- Safe, respectful and welcoming environment.
DUTIES OF THE SCHOOL BOARD
- Making rules and regulations necessary for the government of the school district
- Making sure all students of the district are provided with educational opportunities
- Appointing a school superintendent and electing a treasurer
- Overseeing the annual budget
- Entering into contracts with all personnel in the manner required by Ohio laws.
BIG WALNUT BOARD OF EDUCATION PROTOCOLS
The Big Walnut Board of Education Regularly scheduled meetings will be held at the District Administrative Office located at 110 Tippett Court, Sunbury. Regularly scheduled Board of Education meetings for 2022 are as follows:
- January 13 Organizational Meeting @ 7:30 AM
- January 13 (immediately following the Organizational Meeting)
- January 20 @ 6:30 PM
- February 10 @ 7:30 AM
- February 17 @ 6:30 PM
- March 17 @ 6:30 PM
- April 21 @ 6:30 PM
- May 19 @ 6:30 PM
- June 16 @ 6:30 PM
- June 28 @ 7:30 AM
- July 21 @ 6:30 PM
- August 18 @ 6:30 PM
- September 8 @ 7:30 AM
- September 15 @ 6:30 PM
- October 20 @ 6:30 PM
- November 10 @ 7:30 AM
- November 17 @ 6:30 PM
- December 15 @ 6:30 PM
Meetings of the Board are open to the public, we encourage our community members to attend. Executive Session, during which Board members may discuss only specific business items as defined by the Ohio law, is the only session closed to the public. Since Ohio law states that all school board voting must be done in public, executive sessions are for discussion purposes only. Occasionally, the Board will hold a special meeting when District matters need immediate attention.
Please note: Board agendas and minutes are posted on this page as well. Agendas are posted until the minutes are approved at the next scheduled meeting, then the agenda is replaced with the approved minutes.
BOARD MEMBERS' TERMS:
Board members serve four-year terms, which are staggered. All seats are at-large.
Terms expiring at the end of 2023:
Terms expiring at the end of 2025:
BIG WALNUT BOARD POLICY
- Board Policy Manual hosted by NEOLA